Rapport from EM Zagreb 8-17 June 201
Norwegian Junior girls National Team
1. The team was formed by the players:
– Rebekka Carlsen
– Ilka Doval
– Sarah Horgen
– Nora Nilsen
Coach: Jaroslaw Lowicki
The preparation included:
– training camp and NETU senior Championship held in Oslo (Fornebu 15.05-22.05.2016)
– training camp (Fornebu) and NETU youth Championship held in Estland (20.06-26.06.2016)
– training camp held in Oslo (Fornebu 29.06-5.07.2016)
The last training camp in Fornebu (29.06-05.06.2016) before EM in Zagreb was made together with: the National team from Ireland, 3 men players from Spain, 1 players from Sweden, 1 player from Romania and Ma Wenting. We trained 2 times each day.
The practices had good quality. All players were cooperating very well and we went to Zagreb with the conviction that we did our homework well. We were positive and optimistic. The goal was to go up to the A category in the team event and to be able to participate in the next Championship with the best teams in Europe.
I must tell that all coaches who was participating in the training camp in Fornebu (Gundars Rusis and Maciej Pietkiewicz) did very good job and are responsible for a very good atmosphere and the positive attitude. Also Sindre Åteigen who was having his training preparation in B-72 was helping much.
In general we did team work in all the meaning of it.
Team (Ilka, Rebekka, Nora, Sarah) took 14th place (38 teams participating). This position enable us to participate in the elite category from the beginning of the next Championship. It was the goal before the competition. The players achieved it.
– individual competition (256 main draw) lost in the 3rd round (to go to top 32)
– double (with Rebekka, 128 main draw) lost in the 2nd round (to go to top 32)
– mix (with Fredrik Meringdal, 256 main draw) lost in the 2nd round (to go to top 64)
Balance of played single and double matches for Ilka:
– single matches 8 wins/ 3 loses
– double matches 2WO / 2 loses
– individual competition lost in the 2nd round, in the consolation tournament (64 participants) lost in the 3rd round (to go to top 8)
– double (with Ilka) lost in the 2nd round (to go to top 32)
– mix double (with Adrian Wetzel) lost in the 3rd round (to go to top32)
Balance of played single and double matches for Rebekka:
– single matches 7 wins/ 5 loses
– double matches 2 WO/ 1 win/ 2 loses
– individual competition lost in the 3rd round (to go to top 32)
– double (with Sarah) lost in the 2nd round (to go to top 32)
– mix (with Sondre Berner) lost in the 2nd round (to go to top 64)
Balanced of single and double matches for Nora:
– single matches 3 wins/ 4 loses
– double matches 1 WO /1 win/ 2 loses
– individual competition lost in the 2nd round, in the consolation event (64 participants) lost in the 3rd round (to go to top 8)
– double (with Nora) lost in the 2nd round (to go to top 32)
– mix (with Mikkel Gudmundseen) lost in the 3rd round (to go to top 32)
Balance of single and double matches for Sarah:
– single matches 5 wins/ 5 loses
– double matches 1 WO/ 2 wins/ 2 loses
The players were very professional always punctual and ready to compete. They support each other in the team and other competitions.
The hospitality in Zagreb was very good. Hotel was very close to the hall and the food was of good quality.
I believe that all players with the proper training and dedication can make progress and play better. There are possibilities within our players. We did very good match against strong team from Russia (we lost 0:3 but 2 individual matches were lost 2:3). Also in the individual event we can perform better. There were matches when our players played very well.
If we could just manage to play on good level without the big difference in the level of play then the results can be better. We must start to believe in ourselves.
The next season our team will be composed by Nora Nilsen, Rebekka Carlsen, Sarah Horgen Maja Haugen Gjelle and some of the players coming from cadet category.
Our best ranked player Ilka Doval will go to the senior category.
The objective will be to stay in the elite level and try to get better place then this year. The fight will be strong and we must be ready!
At the end I would like to congratulate to all player of different categories, to all coaches and to all parents who came to Zagreb to support their kids – for the time spent together. It was very good experience with the very nice atmosphere and cooperation. I hope this time spent together will benefit Norwegian table tennis in the near future. I believe it!